- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
that one minute breakfast on the go. This is a modified version of the
Egg, Ham and Cheese Take-a-Longs recipe from
No Pain, No Grain.
- 12 Large Eggs
- 1 cup (1/2 bag) Shredded Cheddar Cheese
cup Diced Ham
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners (foil works better since
it doesn't stick). Or if you aren't eating this on the go, just lube
up the pan with bacon grease or coconut oil.
- In each muffin well do the following:
- Cover the bottom with ham.
- Add 1 egg and optionally beat it quickly with a fork.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cover with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes and let it rest for 5 minutes.
The first time you make this, I recommend making only 1-2 and seeing
how long you like your eggs cooked, scrambled vs. whole, etc. Remember
that when you reheat it that the eggs will cook a bit more.
Sub out cooked bacon for the ham.
Use crumbled chorizo or cooked sausage instead of ham. Add
Rooster Sauce (a.k.a. Sriracha sauce) before topping with cheese.
Where's the Veggies?
For those who insist on getting their veggies on in the morning, add
sautéed onions and bell peppers.