- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugar Alcohol
- Dietary Fiber
Thick low-carb, dairy-free, gluten-free chocolate pudding. If you subtract sugar alcohol, it is 4.3g net carbs per serving. Adapted from All Day I Dream About Food's Chocolate Coconut Milk Pudding.
- 1 can Coconut Milk *
- 1/4 cup Erythritol
- 3 Large Egg Yolks
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 oz Unsweetened Baking Chocolate, lightly chopped
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 20 drops Liquid Stevia or 210mg Pure Stevia (5 scoops of KAL brand)
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum (only if your coconut milk doesn't have guar gum in it)
* Do not use low-fat coconut milk. I like to keep my coconut milk in the refrigerator and then pour out the clear liquid when I open the can.
- Combine coconut milk and erythritol in a pot over medium heat. Stir until erythritol dissolves.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks.
- Pour 1/4 cup (a few spoonfuls) of the hot coconut milk over the egg yolks and whisk. This tempers the eggs and prevents them from curdling.
- Pour the egg yolks into the pot on the stove and whisk until combined.
- Add the cocoa powder and baking chocolate, stiring until everything is dissolved. If yours doesn't have a thickener (like guar gum), add the 1/2 tsp of Xanthan Gum.
- Keep stiring over heat until it starts to thicken.
- Pour into containers and refrigerate for 2 hours.